Kent and East Sussex Railway
Kent and East Sussex Railway is right on your door step. We are situated within Northiam Railway Station. The railway goes for 12 miles starting at Tenterden Town and going all the way to Bodiam.
A sandy beach with water sports and a great beach for families.
Hastings Beach and Pier is a pebble beach with all the seaside attractions you could hope for. You can also take your dog on parts of the beach all year round!
Rye Harbour is great for a more historical coastal trip.
All of these beaches are 12 miles or less away from the carriage.
Brede Steam Giants
Located just 6 miles from Northiam, Brede Steam Giants will give you an in site in to the history of the steam powered water supply to the Hastings area in 1904.
Great Dixter House and Gardens located just 1.5 miles for Northiam Station.
Bodiam Castle which you can visit on the steam train or is a 5 minute drive from Northiam.
Battle Abbey in Battle 12 miles away.
Hastings Smugglers Adventure,Castle and Shipwreck Museum in Hastings Old Town 12 miles away.
Sissinghurst Castle which is in Kent 10 miles away.
Other Attractions and Activities
- Hastings Blue Reef Aquarium, for getting a close up look at the world under the sea - http://www.rarebreeds.org.uk/
- Bewl Water is great for water sports, long country walks or bike rides and has great activities for children and adults of all ages. https://www.bewlwater.co.uk/
- Rare Breeds Centre which is great for children of all ages to see and touch lots of different animals, along with adventure forests, playgrounds, falconry shows and lots more - http://www.rarebreeds.org.uk/
- Bedgebury Pinetum and Go Ape. Bedgebury is a great place to go walking for the whole family with a large play area for children, forest trail, large duck pond and Go Ape for the more adventurous guest! - https://www.forestry.gov.uk/bedgebury
- Bodiam Boating Station who carry out boat rides along to river the Bodiam or you can get your own individual kayak to sail in. http://www.bodiamboatingstation.co.uk/
- Hastings Adventure Golf is great fun and also where the mini golf world championships are held! http://hastingsadventuregolf.com/
- Drusillas Park is a a miniature zoo with animals such a Flamingos, Monkeys and Penguins a large outside adventure playground and an indoor soft play area. https://www.drusillas.co.uk/
- Clambers indoor soft play centre is in Hastings and great for rainy days. http://www.clambers.co.uk/
- Northiam Footpath Group who organise group walks around the local area.
Local Pubs & Restaurants
- The White Hart who have been serving the local area since the 16th Century. There is lovely pub garden and they do some great food! http://www.thewhitehartnewenden.co.uk/
- An Indian restaurant which is just 100 yards from the carriage so you could enjoy a meal out or get a takeaway! http://www.sahebsrestaurant.co.uk/
- The Lime Wharf Cafe situated on the River Rother which is also part of Bodiam Boating Station. http://limewharfcafe.co.uk/
- Fish and chip shop for a traditional take away.
There are also two local convenience stores 1/2 mile away or a larger superstore 10 minutes drive away.